Getting a baby to sleep can sometimes be challenging to say the least! The last thing you want is a whole bunch of complicated instructions to read through when your already exhausted!
I thought I’d share some quick fire things to try with your baby!
- Install blackout curtains underneath the pretty nursery curtains.
- Sing a repetitive lullaby softly. Something where you can insert your babyâ€™s name. (Babies LOVE to hear their name repeated over and over.)
- Make sure her nose isnâ€™t stuffy. If it is, use some gentle salt-water nose drops
- Experiment with different clothing fibers for babies with sensitive skin. A simple switch from 100% polyester to 100% cotton could make all the difference.
- Do any nighttime feedings or nappy changes in as close to pitch-black as humanly possible. The key here is to keep her brain in â€œsemi-sleepâ€ mode.
- Practice infant massage.
- Avoid eye contact at night.
- Learn to swaddle your newborn (Newborns snooze better when swaddled.)
- Use dimmers on the nursery lights, to help communicate â€œquietnessâ€ in the room at night.
- Vacuum the house. Some babies find the noise soothing.
- Use the Sleep Sheep, as detailed in a previous post – here.
Thanks all! Check back for some more tips soon.