A property lasts for a lifetime if it is maintained and remodelled. With the passage of time, the interiors fade and crumble. They also lose their sheen, colour, and beautiful look. Dirt, grime, and dust can be cleansed, washed, or wiped away but old and broken furniture must be replaced.
New kitchen & bathroom renovations seem like a challenging task. Remodelling efforts are indeed complex, and hiring an expert is a suitable remedy. The less-informed landlords can benefit immensely from a professional.
Before commencing with the refurbishing project, chose a reputed expert using these steps:
Search for an ideal builder or contractor through reliable sources. Ask for referrals from friends, family, colleagues, and social network followers. Word of mouth, online testimonials and reviews are also effective. Real estate dealers and hardware store owners also know the reputed experts in the region.
Shortlist and Interview
Make a short list of the candidates who are affordable and trustworthy. Interview them and assess their interest in the project. The builder’s skill sets, licensing, insurance and experience are also good indicators.
Those who have long years of experience in kitchen & bathroom renovations should be picked. Such a builder understands the needs and plans appropriately. The expert’s choice must justify the investment in terms of quality and quantity.
A contractor’s business acumen can be gauged from the written quotation. Reputed experts calculate and estimate with accuracy. They assure designer quality materials and finishing. They factor in labour, competition, and your needs while fixing a reasonable price.
Written documents are mandatory and safe in any construction or remodelling project. The terms and conditions should be clear and negotiable. A fair and equitable contract must be drawn upfront for avoiding any sort of conflict.
Co-operation & Deadlines
New kitchen & bathroom renovations should commence and finish according to a plan. You must co-operate with the expert and stay away from last minute modifications. Ensure beautiful designs, lustrous finishes, and high-quality material. Inspect the installed doors, cabinets, drawers, and shelves for stability and movement.
Cook in A Stylish Setting
An old cooking top surrounded by clutter is hardly an inspiration. A homemaker, who is a cook, requires a positive atmosphere. An old range, cracked cabinets, and broken shelves destroy the mood. In contrast, kitchen & bathroom renovations create a stylish space. The trendy fittings are spacious, clean, and comfortable for cooking and baking. The appliances, pots and pans can be neatly arranged for quick access. The cook can grab the spicy bottles, sauces, salts, and powders from a glossy wall mount.
Stylish and comfortable kitchen and bathrooms have their own benefits, follow these design tips are to achieve the same:
- Hire an independent decorator, craftsman, or contract designer for better results.
- Do it yourself projects fail to achieve elegance as the workmanship is substandard.
- Fashion an innovative kitchen with cosmopolitan look and chef-like workflow.
- Peek into designer magazines for ideas and share them with the professional.
- New kitchens & bathroom renovations do not have constricted work zones.
- Space usage is optimised, and the cabinets/shelves have furniture quality.
- Prioritise flexibility, and never sacrifice functionality for aesthetic tastes.
- Revamp a portion of the room or go for a complete and luxurious overhaul.
Follow these three simple tips to design a clean and stylish bathroom during remodelling works:
- Maximise storage capacity with spacious cabinets, shelves, and colourful drawers.
- Bathroom renovations should include grout-free flooring material.
- Keep the showers and sink fixtures simple, as ornate features require maintenance.