The maintenance and repairs of household stuff is indeed a tough job for all of us. But with the most natural techniques and knowledge of the same, we can quickly master these tasks well without having to take help from the experts all the time we face any difficulty with our household stuff.
Apart from the items we use daily or the better handling of our everyday lives, there are still some factors that need to be taken care of well, so that it does not cause us any pain in the coming times. One such complex issue is the blocked drains and sinks of our house which, when occurs, leaves us all way too infuriated.
It is evident that knowing how to unblock a drain or sink is not possible for all and thus, people face the pain till the time they get assistance from the experts for the same. Although when the condition worsens, help is needed but with some easy techniques and methods these severe phases can well be prevented and tackled single-handedly by the homeowners.
There are various easy methods for the unblocking of these essential household systems, here we are going to discuss some ways to unblock a sink that can even be done without taking expert help.
Read on to know more
- Use plunger – using a plunger is one of the most useful tricks to clear a blocked sink. You should place the plunger on the sink’s plughole and then cover it with water to a level that it makes it airtight from the inside (you should use the force of both of your hands to grip the handle of the plunger for better effects). After the seal is completely in an airtight condition, keep pushing the pump up and down and create suction pressure until you see the clog is getting diluted and the passing of water is done effectively.
- Use baking soda and vinegar – this is one of the most natural methods to clean the sink and get rid of the clogs. Also, these two items are low cost and affordable so you don’t have to worry about the expenses of cleaning the sinks as well. As for the method, pour 1-2 teaspoons of the baking powder mix down the clogged sink, followed by one cup of oil vinegar and let it settles for some time. Then do a rundown of water through the sink pipe and hopefully, you will get rid of the clogs effectively.
- Use long wires– sometimes, the hairs or other such stuff gets attached to the inside of the pipeline and thereby it causes the clog. In such cases, the long wires can be of real help. Use a long wire to push down the heavy materials that are the primary reasons for the clog. Once you are successfully done with the pushing down, keep pouring water till you feel the sink pipeline is free of the clogs and the water flow is back to normal.
- Use bleach and boiling water combination- not only for sinks but this method proves to be useful when you want to unblock a drain outside as well. The effectiveness of hot boiling water and bleach must not be underrated when it comes to the cleaning of the sink or drains. They are capable of removing and diluting the substances which causes the clogs and therefore cleans them generously.
- Use jet sprays – the force of water should never be underestimated, more so, when using it to clean the sink or drain. You can always use jet sprays to get rid of the clogs where the condition is not so severe.
- Take expert help – when all the above techniques fail and the clog still remains, you should take expert helps to remove the clogs as water logging and long-term effects can be carried out by them in a proper manner. Though, a little awareness and regular cleaning can avoid such severity in the clogging, taking expert help is still recommended for better results.
It is not easy to survive with clogged drains or sing in the house for even a shorter period, leave alone when it remains for long. There can be easy repair and maintenance to deal with this problem but we remain so busy in our lives that making such simple efforts also seem to be tough for us.
That is why it is well recommended that we know at least some easy methods to unblock a drain or sink so that the problems caused does not persist for long and you can easily get rid of the troubles in no time. The above-mentioned techniques are some of the best ways to unblock a sink when the clogging is not too severe. You can be benefited from these techniques if you can bear the time required for the same.