After the turmoil and disruption caused by the outbreak of the worldwide coronavirus pandemic and the resulting numerous enforced lockdowns, people across the length and breadth of the country and beyond are now looking to redecorate, rebuild and change one or more aspects of their home.
Understandably, after having spent so much time inside over the last couple of years and more, there is a general public shift to desiring a more relaxing and decadent home style aesthetic and so, with this in mind, continue reading to learn how to transform your home into a luxurious haven.
The kitchen is perhaps one of the most used rooms within your entire property, and as a result, even when planning and designing a luxurious kitchen, it is still exceedingly important to keep matters of functionality and practicality at the forefront of your mind.
One of the fundamental ways to bring a touch of luxury into your kitchen space while still being able to work in the room is to embrace the beauty and simultaneous durability of natural wooden elements. Natural wood not only provides a feeling of warmth and homeliness, which is ideal for a kitchen setting, but such material always appears more welcoming and decadent than polyurethane and other manmade materials.
Other luxury elements of your new kitchen could include self-closing cupboards, dropped-in dining benches, high bar stools,and even if you have a substantial budget, wide-opening patio doors into the garden.
Your bathroom should be the one place where you can truly relax and spend even just twenty-minute a day in your own headspace, so when wanting to create a more luxurious design aesthetic across each of your interior living spaces, then the bathroom should be your first proverbial port of call.
There is a myriad of ways to decorate your bathroom with a nod to elegance and luxury:
- Invest in a pricey but absolutely beautiful freestanding bath
- Use waterproof printed wallpaper on one wall of the bathroom
- Bring the outside in with the use of natural-looking faux plants or even real ones
- Use smaller lights and mood lighting techniques to create a tranquil space
- Marble countertops around the sink and toilet
- Choose bathroom art to hang above the bath
- Invest in high-quality, soft, and aesthetically attractive towels in muted colors
Nothing says luxury and decadence in your bedroom more than a beautiful and ornate 4 poster bed, and these days, you can choose to invest in the most ostentatious design or a more subtle and classic style.
Other ways to turn your bedroom into a luxurious oasis of calm include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Frame your new four poster bed with large and decorative mirror
- Invest in high quality, soft and plush blankets to decorate the bed
- Add an ornate and standout headboard at the head of the bed
- Source unique and luxurious furnishing and seating
- Center the room with symmetry, specifically two bedside tables with lamps on each side