The kitchen is known to be the heart and soul of the home. It’s where all the magic happens, the meals are cooked and the laughter is had. Without the kitchen, a home would be missing a huge piece of the puzzle.
If a kitchen sink is done well, it should last decades if not at least 15 years. Investing in the right materials, units and fixtures is therefore crucial to boosting longevity.
Now more than ever before, there are so many sinks and taps to choose from. This makes the task of finding the perfect fitting for your kitchen even harder. However, this article will give you some top ways you can choose the best out there so you don’t end up making costly mistakes.
You need to start by going to a renowned store that sells high-quality kitchen fixtures. https://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/ is a great example of this kind of store. There you will discover a range of kitchen taps and sinks that you can browse from.
Top Tips When Choosing
- Think of the kitchen size – When choosing the best sink for your kitchen, you will want to consider the size of the room. How much space you have to work with will dictate whether the sink is big and bold or more in the background. If you have an eye on the big statement double sink but don’t have space, it will risk looking out of place. As the sink is the first thing you see, you don’t want to risk it becoming an eyesore.
- If you have a bigger kitchen – A 2 bowl sink would be great and give you ample space to do your thing. A double sink enables you to wash and prep food simultaneously, welcoming more action in the kitchen.
- Consider the drainer – This aspect often gets overlooked but makes up a big part of the sink. You should think carefully about whether you want a drainer attached with your sink or one without.
- If you have a smaller kitchen – Your options may be slightly smaller and it’s important to incorporate both the bowl and drainer when possible for drying space.
- Consider the material – Looking at what material you would like is a big decision. From marbles to granite, you want something that not only looks the part but works for you practically too.
- Consider how the sink is mounted – Choosing the perfect sink also means thinking about the style. Do you want the contemporary or under mount sink? Or more of the old-fashioned sit-on style? Knowing which works with your space and the style of your décor will come down to your preference. You can also opt to buy online so that you will have plenty of options to choose from.
- For taps – You want a solid metal fixture with an up-to-date ceramic disc. This will give your tap the longevity it needs to last for decades whilst maintaining its quality and functionality.
- Remember to check the water pressure – Thinking about your home’s water pressure and how it will work with your chosen tap is also crucial. You want something that suits but most taps need a minimum pressure of 0.1bar.
These are all great pieces of advice to follow when searching for the right taps and sinks for your kitchen.