You have had your blinds a little while now and with the day-to-day use, you can see they are losing their sheen. Here are some expert tips for you on how to clean your roller blinds effectively to make them look like new again.
Roller blinds are perfect for rooms that are used all the time. They are practical, look stylish and are easy to maintain. Keeping them looking good just needs cleaning them from time to time. It is really as simple as wiping a clean cloth down the blind. We will go into the tips a bit deeper as the article progresses.
If you are still on the lookout for some stunning new roller blinds UK homeowners get from Made To Measure Blinds. You can find a range of great options that allow you to mix shades with patterns to get the best look for your room and preferences.
How To Clean Roller Blinds
One major clean should keep you going for a few months but regular spot cleans may be needed in between. This will help minimize the job when it is time to be done again.
What you will need:
- Washing detergent
- A clean soft cloth
- A hoover with attachment
- Drying rack
- First, you should remove the roller blinds and place them on a clean table or floor. Be careful with the roller element as the glue could weaken and the mechanism may lose its efficacy.
- Depending on how much the blinds need cleaning, you might want to vacuum the entire surface area. This will take off as much surface grime and dust as possible, making it easier to clean.
- Make sure the brush goes over any bits and pieces you see. Then you’ll want to run the bath and fill it half full with warm water.
- Add some laundry detergent to the bath until the water is soapy. Bleach can be used with discretion but only if the colour is white.
- Take the blinds and place gently in the bath, allowing it to soak for 1-2 hours.
- Wipe the blinds from one end to the other gently with the sponge. This will help with any marks, stains, dirt and grime. The tougher the stain, the more wiping it will need.
- Drain the bathtub and fill with fresh water to clean the blinds. There should be no soap left as it will draw dust and dirt quickly. You can use the shower to get rid of any remaining soap or missed areas.
- To dry, the roller blinds can then be placed outside or on a drying rack.
If You Are Removing Stains
For those stubborn stains that just won’t seem to budge, it is important not to lose hope. If you cannot remove it with water or detergent, it is time to find some stain removal liquid.
You should then look into the instructions and treat as described on the labelling. However, it’s also important to bear in mind that this area will be lighter in colour than the rest of the blinds. If this is important to you, it is worth investing in a new set.