MBA in the UK is 12-21 months in duration and will cost between 31,450 – 87,900 GBP. Close to 130 Management Institutes offer various MBA programs with specializations in economics, health administration, international business, and many more. Best business schools in the UK offer an annual package of up to 100,000 GBP on completion of this course.
First, let’s discuss what are the top Ranking Universities for MBA in the UK. Students learning abroad always look for different aspects such as program curriculum, tuition fees, placement percentage, growth in that particular industry, the ranking of the universities, etc. Below mentioned are the top Universities in the UK for MBA.
MBA in UK – Top Business Schools which requires Work Experience
Below is the list of some MBA in UK colleges as per FT Rankings and Course Fees:
|TopUniversities||FT Ranking (2020)||Total Program Cost and Duration||Work Experience needed|
|London Business School||7||£87,900, 1.25 years||2 years|
|Cambridge Judge Business School||19||£57,000, 1 year||3 years|
|Said Business School||21||£59,490, 1 year||2 years|
|Warwick Business School||43||£40,450, 1 year||3 years|
|Alliance Manchester Business School||45||£44,000, 1 year||3 years|
|Cass Business School||50||£44,000, 1 year||3 years|
|Imperial College Business School||55||£53,500, 1 year||3 years|
|Durham University Business School||62||£31,500, 1 year||3 years|
|Lancaster University||51||£32,500, 1 year||–|
|University of Edinburgh Business School||95||£33,000, 1 year||3 years (in a managerial role)|
Work experience is not mandatory for all business schools but a must for taking admission in these prestigious institutes in the UK.
The average work experience these Universities ask for is 3 years as it is clear from the above table. And why the work experience is needed is because of the following reasons:
- Work experience in a student can help him to understand the lessons taught in the class as he already has practical knowledge.
- At the time of presentations, projects, or during case studies, a student with practical knowledge can give more productive thoughts.
- A student can actively participate in class discussions and in volunteering with more examples and real-time situations, which will help the student gain more knowledge and expertise in that particular subject.
- Also, MBA in UK needs values like leadership and teamwork, as well as critical thinking and a student with work experience to possess all these skills within himself that make the student learn the management concepts with ease.
Out of so many places, Why study MBA in UK?
Around 10 Universities of MBA in UK rank among FT (Financial Times) Business School Ranking 2020. UK’s economy is in the shortage of skilled managers, and it is in immediate need of approx. 2 million skillful managers with new strategies. Also, Executive MBA and MBA in UK are the highest paying degrees with an annual salary of 133,000 GBP (₹1,26,23,754) and 116,000 GBP (₹ 1,10,10,191) respectively.
One of the UK surveys said that international students enroll for business administrative studies the most. International students in the UK are allowed to live a probationary period of 6 months post-study to find a skillful permanent job in their respective sectors, which helps them a lot.
Also, many UK Universities and business schools have close links with the world’s leading professional bodies and an MBA in UK prepares you for the 21st-century business requirements.
Eligibility for MBA in UK:
The basic eligibility for pursuing MBA in UK can be briefly described by the following points given below:
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) Score: 600 or more (average)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Score: 100
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Score: 6.5
- Work experience: An average of 2-3 years, but in a few business schools and universities, it isn’t considered as mandatory.
- LOR (Letter of Recommendation): 2-3 letters of recommendation would work fantastic.
- UG (Undergraduate) degree in the respective field with a good GPA score.
Scholarships and Financial Aid for an MBA in UK
Studying abroad is expensive for Indian students as well as any foreign student. When it comes to courses like MBA in UK, it gets costlier, so there are few ways we can bring down the cost, and the best was getting admission with the help of scholarships. These scholarships are awarded based on a few factors, such as the GMAT score, which is the most common. Scholarships offered for MBA in UK are given below:
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships – Travel Expense, part of tuition fees & basic expenses
- Global Study Awards – £10,000
- Commonwealth Fellowship Plan – Complete Tuition Fees
- Inlaks Scholarships – Tuition Fees
All the above-mentioned names are the most common scholarships students all over the world apply for and.
Job prospects and Salary after MBA in UK
After completing an MBA in UK, the graduates can earn much higher amounts than they have invested while studying there and that so within a few months. One may get a salary of £100,089 annually in the UK. Few renowned recruiters of these MBA graduates are Amazon, Boston Consulting Group, Apple, McKinsey, Facebook, etc. Whereas the highest paid jobs in after completing this course are:
- Assistant BID Manager – £131,000
- Project Manager – £134,000
- General Manager – £173,000
- BD Manager – £184,000
- Planning Director – £202,000
Thus, as per the information provided above, about the highest paying jobs a management graduate can apply for. This article provided all the necessary information, and if there will be any other query, then go through these links as well. We hope that this article helped the students.