A new social media study from gifts and gadgets retailer Menkind reveals TikTok’s top parenting hacks. Ahead of celebrating dads on Father’s Day, the analysis delved into thousands of videos with parenting related hashtags from the last 12 months to uncover the most popular parenting hacks according to the number of times they’ve been played.
Top 10 most popular dad hacks on TikTok
The research reveals that dad hacks in particular prove extremely popular with TikTok audiences. The top ten dad hacks alone rack up almost 68 million plays between them which is more than double the interest that general parenting hacks on the social media platform get (just shy of 28 million plays for the top ten parenting hacks). Those TikTok users whose videos haven’t quite reached this level of interest may want to consider raising their profile and purchasing some TokMatik TikTok likes to give their video hacks a boost in the algorithm.
Sleep-deprived dads will be interested in learning that the most popular dad hack involves a technique that will help them catch up on lost hours of sleep and has caught the attention of TikTok parents worldwide with over 54 million plays.
Top 10 dad hacks on TikTok:
- A motorised toy can soothe while you sleep (Play count: 54,100,000) – View TikTok Video
- Turn the car seat into a spaceship launch pad (Play count: 6,300,000) – View TikTok Video
- Shots to help the medicine go down (Play count: 4,200,000) – View TikTok Video
- Hands-free bottle feeding for gamer dads (Play count: 2,700,000) – View TikTok Video
- Turbo boost your Allen key for speedy flatpack builds (Play count: 178,800) – View TikTok Video
- Wish your kids a Happy Cheeaster! (Play count: 148,700) – View TikTok Video
- Let your vacuum do all the work – not just the cleaning (Play count: 46,700) – View TikTok Video
- Uninterrupted screentime for toddlers who can’t resist pushing buttons (Play count: 42,900) – View TikTok Video
- Use a plastic rake to tidy up toys (Play count: 17,200) – View TikTok Video
- Attach a lead to the baby walker (Play count: 1,960) – View TikTok Video
Viral tech hacks that TikTok parents LOVE
Staying ahead of the game when it comes to technology has never been so important. Not only do parents need to monitor their children’s use of tech, but they can also benefit from all sorts of gadgets and gizmos that help ease the pressures of family life.
But fear not, TikTok parents have come together to share genius tech hacks that have worked for them with the top 10 TikToks totalling more than 16.1 million plays.
Taking 2 of the top 3 places on the list are hacks that help control or reduce screentime. With just over 8.7 million plays between them, attempts to peel them away from devices steal the show for TikTok tech parenting hacks.
- Let them set a timer for screentime…and then change it! (Play count: 8M) – View TikTok Video
- Not enough hands? Use customised voice commands to scroll socials whilst doing chores (Play count:7.1M) –View TikTok Video
- Take away their chargers, not their devices (Play count: 708.3K) – View TikTok Video
- Use a drone to supervise them whilst they cycle around the neighbourhood (Play count: 178.4K) – View TikTok Video
- Turn your fridge ice dispenser into a chocolate dispenser instead! (Play count: 62.1K) – View TikTok Video
- Invest in a second screen babysitter (Play count: 49.6K) –View TikTok Video
- Repurpose a key finder as a tv remote finder (Play count: 7.2K) – View TikTok Video
- Use baby sensory videos for a moment of toddler peace (Play count: 4K) – View TikTok Video
- Set up your car sound system for business in the front, kids party in the back (Play count: 2.6K) – View TikTok Video
- Keep an old console controller handy so they can ‘join in’ when you can’t afford to lose (Play count: 45) – View TikTok Video
The ULTIMATE parenting hacks
The study analysed parenting hacks from across multiple categories (including dad hacks, gadget and tech hacks, food hacks etc.) to reveal the most popular TikTok videos from each.
Categories aside, the research also reveals the top ten ultimate hacks, a ranking of the most popular tips and tricks from across all categories and all parenting related hashtags, which is dominated by mums. According to the study, half of this ultimate list is made up of mum hacks with a total of 124 million plays on TikTok overall.
Taking the first position in the ranking is a mum hack with close to 69 million plays, which sees pureed baby food being disguised as squirty cream, the most popular parenting hack on TikTok, according to the data.
- Pureed food or squirty cream? (Play count: 68M) – View TikTok Video
- A motorised toy can soothe while you sleep (Play count: 54M) – View TikTok Video
- Pool noodles can be used to stop doors slamming (Play count: 50M) – View TikTok Video
- Upgrade their play kitchen (Play count: 36M) – View TikTok Video
- Tell them a star appears on their forehead when they lie (Play count: 28M) – View TikTok Video
- Hook up your pushchair to the shopping trolley (Play count: 15M) – View TikTok Video
- Turn the car seat into a spaceship launch pad (Play count: 14M) – View TikTok Video
- Don’t take them shoe shopping, just cut out their foot! (Play count: 10M) – View TikTok Video
- Clean up sandy feet (Play count: 1.6M) – View TikTok Video
- Get them spinning for tv time (Play count: 1.6M) –View TikTok Video