It’s that time of year again where all fathers, like myself, look forward to a nice relaxing lie in and maybe breakfast in bed …………… highly unlikely in our household to be honest!
There’s more than just one aspect to Father’s Day though. Finding a gift for lots of dads is tough and it’s sometimes difficult to know what to buy for them. There’s also knowing what activities your dad enjoys and what he’d really love to do on Father’s Day!
So ….. as a dad myself, I thought I’d give you all some inspiration and guide you in the right direction by giving you a sense of what Father’s Day gifts I’d like to receive, along with how I like being treated as a King ?
For me, a standard go to Father’s Day gift is any sort of grooming products. A brilliant option is a brand called Harry’s.
I’d be thrilled to receive these products on Father’s Day …….
This is a lovely shaving set compete with a razor, 2 replacement shaving heads and shave cream.
The shaving gel from Harry’s is quite unique because it contains natural ingredients like cucumber and aloe that hydrates and refreshes your skin!
Another of their products that is superb is the shave cream! Its made with a blend of 12 natural oils and extracts like eucalyptus and marula oil. These oils moisturise and and refresh your skin before shaving.
I’m positive that any of these products would go down a treat with all dads, definitely a safe option!
The next thing I’d love to receive on Father’s Day is a nice bottle of aftershave. It’s a standard gift that almost any father will love.
It’s also a good opportunity to buy them a scent that they’ve never tried before. I enjoy testing out different scents and last Father’s Day, I was given a David Beckham aftershave which smelt amazing!
An aftershave that has been around for some time is Hugo Boss and is always a great option.
One scent from this brand that has beautiful aromas is Hugo Boss Infinite. This bottle of aftershave packs a strong punch with a few different scents such as cinnamon, sandalwood and lavender. But at the same time, it’s not too overwhelming!
Another good option is Hugo Boss Bottled. This one has more of a warm vanilla scent to it along with a touch of citrus aromas.
Gucci Guilty is another brilliant aftershave that Loren of men love! It’s a re-interpretation of a classic cologne that features noble wood set notes and powerful citruses. Upon spraying, it has a spicy rich scent which is very masculine!
Further down the post you can enter a competition to win a bottle of this aftershave!
This is sure to be a good choice for any father out there!
Another idea is a gift set of some kind for which there are many variations. Some gift sets include a small bottle of aftershave and shower gel, with others including beard wash!
Boots have a good selection of gift sets available so there’s sure to be one that will suit your dad.
For me, it’s important to look my best and to achieve this I need a range of products. The following gifts sets are just a small snapshot of what Boots have to offer.
This short beard kit from L’Oreal provides men with the products to clean and care for their beard or moustache. This set contains 3-in-1 beard wash and beard moisturiser.
Due to being enriched with Cedarwood essential oil, this set is sure to make your dads beard or moustache feel clean and soft, as well as keeping his skin fresh too!
The Daily Expert gift set from L’Oreal is another great option for your dad on Father’s Day! This set consists of three products:
- Hydra Energetic Anti-Fatigue Moisturiser – this will fight the 5 signs of fatigue: dullness, dark circles, roughness and loss of firmness. It is powered by oxygen-CP technology and vitamin C.
- Hydra Energetic Anti-Fatigue Eye Roll-On – this product is designed for tires looking eyes. It is enriched with vitamin C and caffeine which will help reduce dark circles and the appearance of eye bags.
- Thermic Resist Roll-On Deodorant – this anti-perspirant will help combat bad odours and is effective up to 45 degrees Celsius!
Following on from the gift sets, you could get your dad a range of skincare products. Taking this to a next level, you could purchase these separately and create your own little basket of products.
I know for sure that I’d love to receive a little basket or package of skincare products such as those below.
They’ve all been carefully designed to cleanse and energise men’s skin along with unblocking pores and removing impurities.
You could also throw a few face masks in as well. I love a good face mask every now and again! Me and my wife had a pampering evening not so long ago.
This particular face mask is designed to hydrate and fight excess oil on the skin. It’s a fast acting face mask and will leave your skin feeling refreshed within 5 minutes!
Maybe you’re looking to treat your dad to something more than just a gift. Here’s a few ideas on things you can do with your dad on Father’s Day or places you could take him!
- Treat your dad to a Sunday carvery at your local pub. Maybe you could go for a pint first and play some pool or snooker (if your pub has a table). I love a good carvery and I always enjoy a nice cold pint!
- Take your dad on a nice walk somewhere scenic, as long as the weather isn’t too bad! I always enjoy a relaxing walk with my family and I’m sure most dads do as well!
- If your dads into football, why not take him to see your local team or the team he supports. I’m an Aston Villa fan myself and my wife previously treated me to a tour of Villa Park which was amazing!
- If your father is a bit of an adrenaline junkie, you could treat him to a session of go carting or a trip to the new Bear Grylls activity centre in Birmingham! This is somewhere I’ve wanted to go since it opened!
I hope a few of these ideas have sparked your imagination to give your dad a really special day that he will remember!
Do you find it hard to buy for your Dad on Father’s Day? Well here’s your chance to win something amazing for him! Click below for instructions on what you need to do. We’d like to know what you enjoy doing with your Dad on Father’s Day, and what kind of gifts he usually appreciates!
The prize is a bottle of Gucci Guilty aftershave!
Click below to enter!a Rafflecopter giveaway
– Giveaway starts 12th June 2019
– Giveaway ends 4th July 2019, 11.59pm
– UK entrants only
– You must answer the question to be entered
– Emails will not be shared
– Winner will be contacted via email within 48 hours of giveaway end time
– Winner will be given 14 whole working days to reply, at the end of that time another winner will be chosen
This post is an advertised collaboration with Boots but all thoughts are my own.