Vinyl flooring is a popular choice among customers for use in commercial and residential applications. The resilient flooring is preferred instead of rubber, linoleum, plastic, or any other type of artificial floor covering. Today, it is common to come across vinyl sheet flooring or vinyl tiles in the kitchen and bathroom. What is it about vinyl that makes it so popular among customers?
The vinyl flooring was created sometime during the 1930s, but it was after World War II that it made an impact on the architectural world. Vinyl is a synthetic cousin of linoleum that is both water-and stain-resistant and is known to offer good durability. As these floors are both attractive and economical as well as easy to install, most customers prefer having vinyl flooring in their houses or offices.
Given below are the key benefits of vinyl flooring:
- Higher durability and low costs – As vinyl floors are highly durable and not at all expensive, they are ideal for both commercial and residential floors, especially in areas of high traffic. The floors will look good for a long time to come and show no signs of wear and tear. As these are floors are comparatively inexpensive, they are certainly a good option for budget-conscious customers.
- Easy to install and maintain- Maintenance is a key consideration for most buyers and what makes vinyl flooring more attractive is their very low maintenance a. One can use simple cleaning procedures to keep the vinyl flooring free of any abrasions and spots, or stains. Mover, it is simple to remove and replace the vinyl tiles or sheets. You can get them installed within no time, and there is no need to prepare or demolish the previous floor for the installation.
- The wider choice in color and styles- Today, it is possible to get a color and look of any kind in vinyl flooring. There is a huge range of styles and patterns available in vinyl, such as concrete, stone, terrazzo, wood, and more. As for the colors, you can get them in any variety of colors, tones, and shades.
- It looks great, feels comfortable, and increases resale value- Another good reason to get vinyl floors is that they simply look great and stylish as well as are comfortable underfoot. There is no noise when you walk over them or play with your family and kids. You will find them a lot softer in comparison to wood or tile. Due to the nice appearance and look, the vinyl floors can raise the value of the house and add to its real-estate value.
- Non-Porous and resistant to harmful substances – What adds to the popularity of vinyl floors is that they are water-resistant and thus are a good option to be used in the kitchen and bathroom. In addition, they are also resistant to soaps, detergents, acids, alkalis, and petrol. The non-porous property prevents any liquid from seeping through it and damaging the floor. Needless to say, those water-resist properties make them durable, easy to maintain, and safe from any harmful substances.
- Easy to repair, remove, and discard – It is easy to change or remove the old vinyl flooring when one wants. One can remove any damaged area easily as it is easy to cut the vinyl sheets or tiles. You can always give a protective coating to the vinyl floor for additional cover and protection.
As you can see, it is because of those desirable characteristics that make vinyl flooring material, both popular and versatile. Now that you are aware of the numerous benefits of vinyl floors, why not go ahead and browse some good options available in the market?