The recent global pandemic caused lots of us to gain a fewpounds as we were no longer able to go outside to exercise like we used to. Most people in the UK are now less fit than they were a few months ago, and this is having a huge impact on our health.
So, how can we improve our fitness and lose a few pounds at the same time? One brilliant way to lose weight and get back into shape ready for summer is to take up a martial arts class. Keep reading below to find out more about martial arts and how it can help you:
How Can Martial Arts Help You Get in Shape?
The lockdown has meant that all martial arts classes have been closed, but now the lockdown has been lifted, we canstart experiencing all this amazing sport has to offer once again. Anyone can take part in a martial arts class. Classes are available for beginners and members with more experience all across the country.
How can a martial arts class help you? Here are some of the ways a martial arts class can help you to get back into shape:
- They improve your physical abilities – lots of things contribute to our health – power, strength, speed, endurance, balance, flexibility, and much more. Martial arts will help you in all of these areas.
- They can help you lose weight – lots of us want to lose a few pounds now that lockdown is over, and attending a martial arts class is a great way of doing this. Most martial arts classes are a mix of high-intensity interval training and steady-state cardio activities. A martial arts class can burn between 500 and 1000 calories.
- They’re great fun – martial arts classes can be a lot of fun. If you enjoy yourself, then you’re more likely to keep going back.
- They encourage you to eat a healthy diet – evidence has shown that people who exercise are more likely to eat a healthier diet than people who don’t.
Which Martial Arts Should I Choose?
There are lots of martial arts for you to choose from. These are some of the most popular:
- Muay Thai – this is one of the best martial arts for fitnessas it provides a full-body workout.
- Karate – this is the most common (and popular) martial art around the world. It’s good for spiritual wellness and physical health
- Judo – a Judo class burns an average of 700-1000 calories, so it’s a brilliant choice for people wanting to get fit. Get yourself a Judo GI from a reputable UK site like Valor to wear and you’re ready to go.
- Jiujitsu – Brazilian jiu-jitsu takes place on a mat. The aim of the game is to use your strength and speed to push and pin your opponent to the mat.
How Do I Find a Martial Arts Class Near Me?
There are martial arts classes open all across the UK. Check out local social media pages, ask your friends, check ads in the local newspaper or look for posters advertising local groups. Whichever class you choose to attend, you’re bound to have an enjoyable time, lose weight, and get fit in the process.